The Apache group has just released Apache Hadoop 2.4.0. It is available for download at your favorite mirror. It includes:
- Support for Access Control Lists in HDFS
- Native support for Rolling Upgrades in HDFS
- Usage of protocol-buffers for HDFS FSImage for smooth operational upgrades
- Complete HTTPS support in HDFS
- Support for Automatic Failover of the YARN ResourceManager
- Enhanced support for new applications on YARN with Application History Server and Application Timeline Server
- Support for strong SLAs in YARN CapacityScheduler via Preemption
…along with the expected bug fixes.
As with release 2.3.0, the instructions I have posted to set up your own cluster also work for 2.4.0.