I mentioned this before in my general setup instructions. With the second release of Hadoop this year, it’s now time to talk about how to build the native Hadoop libraries. Here are the instructions you need to build the native libraries. Continue reading
The Apache group has just released Apache Hadoop 2.4.0. It is available for download at your favorite mirror. It includes:
- Support for Access Control Lists in HDFS
- Native support for Rolling Upgrades in HDFS
- Usage of protocol-buffers for HDFS FSImage for smooth operational upgrades
- Complete HTTPS support in HDFS
- Support for Automatic Failover of the YARN ResourceManager
- Enhanced support for new applications on YARN with Application History Server and Application Timeline Server
- Support for strong SLAs in YARN CapacityScheduler via Preemption
…along with the expected bug fixes.
As with release 2.3.0, the instructions I have posted to set up your own cluster also work for 2.4.0.